Sunday, April 6, 2008

In ten years...

Hello, this is ofcourse my first blog... currently I'm 16 yea I'm either too young or too old haha. I am currently watching Sex and the City, just wondering if something will pop up at me. So every Sunday, me and my best friend Chelsea go to Barnes & Noble and just hang out. Today we were talking about futures and she asked me, "Can you imagine yourself in twenty years?!." And it hit me! I WOULD BE THIRTY-SIX! So I brought it down to ten years, at a solid sweet twenty-six, then I started to think... that would probably be the best years of my life. Yes alot of people say that your teen years are the highlight or best times of your life, but what if your later years are? I mean seriously, I've been a teen for six years and almost nothing has happened besides a car. Well I have been applying at jobs that would be calming like Hallmark, Kohls, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble even though I know full on well that you should be eighteen to work there. Hah!

Anyways, back to that story. If I knew people who were past their teen years besides my parents then maybe I could get a different perspective on it all! I mean I watch drama shows like its nobody's business but I still don't get it all, you know? I mean, what do twenty year olds have more than teens? If I do find people that are older and more sophisticated with lives that could be like a soap-opera than I would have about twenty-million things to write about. You know what I want to do when I am grown up?

A journalist. Hah! In ten years, I see myself in an apartment, sophisticated and on track with the stupid petty relationships that make my head snap and explode in the middle just like a soap-opera, there's this manga, yes, I read manga(japanese comics) called Suppli and it's about this girl who works for an advertisment agency and she likes two of her co-workers but falls in love with one who has another woman in his life. Its quite fascinating actually. So now this concludes my first blog, was it alright or did I just babble on and on about my thoughts? Or maybe that's just the point of a blog. Anyways, I'm going to continue watching Sex and the City and go to sleep. The City of Writers never sleep on a empty mind, they sleep with full sophistication.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there! My names Katie...I'm only 18, but I think I can answer some of your questions. First off, being out of high school you find out quickly that there isn't the drama like on TV and in school that you think there would be. About what you said about 20 year olds having something that teens don't...well, I'm not 20 but, I think they would have more experience, you know, at driving, relationships, life in general. A year or two older really does make a big difference at how you view life...in a good way. Watching OC or Gray's Anatomy are fun, but have nothing to do with really life. I'm sure some people's lives are over dramatic, but believe me, once you're out of school you'll be so much more laid back and edge free. Everyone can have the best years of their life whenever they it is. It's never been set at a certain time in life so GO CRAZY! HAVE FUN! Make every year the best time of your life! Why not? I'm glad you're having fun and good luck to you for the next ten years :)
-kt
p.s. sorry my comment is so long.

dIROLE said...

Well,in less than a month I'll be in my twenties, and I've lived through so much and so little at the same time. Drama can come in many shapes and colors, and it doesn't have a sense of time (unfortunately). Enjoy your teens, you still have the opportunity to do lots of things you won't be able to do when you are older; and the same applies later: ten years from now you'll do things you never imagined you could do. Life is unpredictable, that's what's so great about it.

Saying 'hi' from Peru,
Diego.

VAMP said...

Well, I thought I'd pop on here, even though I'm probably as old as your parents. My twenties were my best years, I worked in an ad agency downtown Chicago in my twenties. Awesome good times. I went to alot of parties and concerts too. But responsibility hits you hard also. I had my own apt. with no room mates *at my own insistance* y'know, no..who's gonna throw out the trash or do the dishes. But I had to pay rent, car insurance, phone bills. Me and me alone. I'll be 49 in a couple of months, darn it, see, I am old enough to be your mom --- shoot --- but I'm happily married now for almost 15 years at age 33, and I didn't have my first child till I was 35. My 40's have been kind of rough, physically, I have a lot of pains like I'm 60 or something. I feel old now that I have a 13 year old girl and a 10 year old (had her at 38) girl.

And you said "I've been a teen for 6 years" and your only 16 -- rethink that, you've really only been a teen for 3 years.

Well I don't know if I gave you any perspective or not, but thought I'd share anyway.

Good luck to you. Enjoy the teen years...I wouldn't want to change places with you. I would my twenties again though.

Take care...oh I found you from Julia Sweeney's blog.

VAMP said...

Oh I got ya on the puberty at 10, wow, that sucks *sorry* but you did become a "women" sooner than most - umm, you did mean your cycle right? Delete this if I'm out of line...